How it all began...
When, in March 2016, Pascal once again made his laps of Lake Starnberg on his stand-up paddle board, and felt the incredible power of the water, the great importance water has for our lives became clear to him. Until that point, over all of his many years spent on the water as a windsurfer and stand-up paddler, he had not yet sensed this very special connection.
But on that day he realised what water means to us: life.
While still on the water he made the decision to, from that moment forward, take responsibility for water – for nature – and to give something back. His idea: to travel along the Isar and Danube from Munich to Vienna on the stand-up-paddle-board, and to collect donations for the water for every kilometre of river travelled.
He has been inspired, above all, by Yvon Chouinard, the founder of the outdoor firm Patagonia, and co-founder of 1% for the Planet. Pascal had read his book “Let My People Go Surfing” at the beginning of 2010, and ever since had been thinking about how he could manage to be on the water as often as possible, and lead a simple life focused on what was most important to him.
And so Pascal, heart on his sleeve, followed his intuition and by 20 July 2016 was already at the starting point: he began in Munich, and, after 505 kilometres of river and twelve days, reached Vienna on 31 July 2016 – and collected 8,500 euro of donations for local water protection projects. This directly tangible success for his campaign, and the unbelievable “flow” on the entire tour, made it clear to him at the end: this is only the beginning.
Over the next months the idea grew inside him to found a non-profit organisation with the goal of improving and protecting the quality and quantity of water, and to continue the SUP Nature Tour up to the Black Sea.
With the foundation of the non-profit group Pure Water for Generations e.V. on 11 May 2017, Pascal, alongside his co-founders, made the first step.
The next will take place at 09:00 on 20 July 2017 at the Max-Joseph Bridge in Munich. That’s when Pascal will start out on the 2,500-long SUP Tour from Munich to the Black Sea.
And what next? Let’s just let it flow and see what happens!
Our long-term goal
Pure Water for Generations e.V. has the long-term, non-profit goal
of improving and protecting the quality and quantity of water in streams and refers, lakes and seas, as well as in the earth (groundwater) – for generations. This is enshrined in the statute.
Our long-term, non-profit goal is borne out by our water philosophies which determine how we live our lives:
Even before the founding of Pure Water for Generations e.V., terrific people were getting in touch to help with our long-term goal. Anyone who wants to support us is more than welcome to get in touch!
- Nature entrepreneur (Pure Water for Generations e.V.), Business entrepreneur (P&T Sales Partners)
- Windsurfer, SUPer, lover of ski tours, long distance runner
- Life philosophy: let your people surf & adventure is a state of mind.
- Austrian citizen, but passionate Tyrolean at heart
- Nature-lover with common sense
- Specialist area: water in frozen form, that is to say, snow
- Motivation: To protect nature for my family and the children of my children, and their children, and so on and so forth
- Pure zest for life with North German roots
- Completely in line with the motto “If you truly love nature, you will find beauty everywhere” (Vincent van Gogh), I am fascinated by the variety found in nature and enjoy everything that comes with it.
- Project manager regarding architecture, SUP and awareness for nature
- SUP instructor, cross-country cyclist, and mountain air lover
- Life philosophy: born to flourish – not born to shop.
- Sales and fun manager
- Footballer, hill walker, literature lover
- Life philosophy: stay optimistic, keep mind & body healthy, and take care of nature
- A creative daydreamer with a peace-loving warrior’s spirit
- The Mediterranean in her blood
- Philosophy: πάντα ῥεῖ (Panta Rhei)
- Motto: ‘The wilderness is the preservation of the world.’ (Thoreau)